Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 18, 2009

Fridays are only the beginning

Most of you are thrilled today, right? It's Friday, the week is over, we are seven days closer to Christmas and the holidays are so near we can taste them as easily as sipping spiked egg nog. Well, for me,for many freelancers, this is the end of another week with very little income and a weekend with no prospects for finding work. At least there's Craig's List and a dozen other sites where I can apply for jobs. But when you are working at home, as I am at present, weekends are not necessary... they are redundant. It's not like I can go away for the weekend, because every dollar I spend is one dollar closer to that comfortable outdoor box I last referred to.

But because the working world pretty much goes to sleep, weekends also provide ample time to evaluate where you are going and to plan the week ahead. I am going to do that this weekend... I'll check the online job sites, apply to a few and maybe, just maybe, work on some horror fiction late at night. I have a short story I want to turn into a short film, so I have a script to finish. I'll keep you posted on that... it's a good concept and requires a cemetery willing to host me. Orherwise, like Burke and Hare, I may just have to creep in, stealthily, in the middle of the night under a full moon, to do dastardly deeds... creatively speaking, of course.

By the way, I reviewed the latest Stephen King novel, Under the Dome, a month ago and I am surprised it hasn't cracked the best seller lists yet. Mind you, it IS almost 1,100 pages long and weighs about five lbs, so maybe no one can lift it... let me know if you have read it yet and what you think. I liked it, but it IS really too long in my opinion.

Have a great weekend and I will try to post at some point. I'm new to this, so I am still testing out my diarybility.

Vaya con dios, muchachos!

No comments:

Post a Comment