Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 4, 2010

Kindle pretty kool


So the publisher of my very adult horror chapbook Hard Night emailed me today asking my permission to include the story in a Kindle package, which is a very cool prospect. Kindle, of course, is an Amazon tool whereby you download all manner of reading material, including books and newspapers, for a pittance and then view them using a device that you buy from Amazon for about $250 or so. Sounds expensive, I know, but compared to what you might spend on your reading material over 1-3 years, you'd save a lot in the long run.

In the case of Hard Night, the 2005 chap was published in a very limited edition of 150 signed, numbered copies at a cost of $9 US per and sold out pretty fast. For about $3 per download, you would get all their chapbooks. Even the most frugal of you would be able to enjoy this racy zombie story set in Quebec's Laurentian mountains, circa 1973. It's my homage to George Romero... with a lascivious little twist.

I'm just thinking that $250 may not be so much, after all, when you consider how many people - at a time of economic downturn at that - are still buying gas-guzzling SUVs and how many expensive restaurants are bursting at the seams, populated not only by successful entrepreneurs, but by students, as well.

I know I certainly can't afford an SUV and that I currently dine at places like Scores, with their cheapie soup and salad-bar special. It's not only my healthier way of eating and sweating-at-the-gym habit, either... I simply don't have the cash these days. I listed seven items for sale on ebay today, because divesting myself of collectibles when I am alive and can use the money seems much more logical than having my executor sell them at a series of garage sales for a buck when I am dead.

So, yeah, buddy, if you can spare a dime: scribe15 is my ebay moniker. And Hard Night is just waiting for your hungry zombie brains to devour it as soon as possible. Some day, I hope, this computer of mine may just prove useful for more things than checking Wickipedia, looking myself up on IMDB... and writing this blog.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Bram! Hope this Kindle thing gives you lots of exposure!

    ReplyDelete